Recent online bridge games have awarded black, red and gold masterpoints® to players, but what about silver points?
Here comes Silver Linings Week: Behind Every Board are Silver Points! It’s a new event during the week of May 25-31 (Monday-Sunday) where you can earn silver points in Virtual Club games on Bridge Base Online (bridgebase.com).
If you’re not familiar with a Virtual Club yet, it’s an online space on BBO just for your regular club – usual games with your friends to support your local club.
Silver Linings Week builds upon that. For this week only, all games in Virtual Clubs will award triple points, and the points will be silver! (This isn’t the same as a STaC.)
Haven’t been playing in a Virtual Club? Check with your club manager to see if your local club is already on BBO or ask him or her to sign up today.
Local Virtual Clubs
Richmond/Fredericksburg: The Bridge Center: Mondays at 2:15, Wednesdays at 1:15, Thursdays at 1:15 (0-1500 only)
Contact: Mimi Pustilnik
Richmond/Fredericksburg: RBA Friendly Bridge: Sundays at 2:15, Tuesdays at 7:00 pm (0-500 both games)
Contact: Linda MacCleave
Colonial Heights: Tricities Bridge Club: Tuesdays at 12:00 noon
Contact: Susan MacLaughlin
There is a new game in town. The Bridge Center has added a third, weekly game to its BBO lineup starting Monday, May 11 at 2:15 p.m. (note time).
This is an open, stratified game, 18 boards that take just over two hours.
Please register early. You and your partner must be online at the same time to enter. You can sign up as early as two hours before game time (12:15 p.m.). See the RBA website for more information on how to play in online games.
Also, there is an open game on Wednesdays at 1:15 p.m. and a Thursday game at 1:15 p.m. for players with less than 1500 points.
You can get results from the BBO virtual games here within a few hours of the finish of the game. Your masterpoints will be 50% higher than the masterpoints listed on BBO.
Friendly Bridge Results
Bridge Center Results
Linda MacCleave is offering free online Zoom lessons on Sundays at 1:00 pm. Email Linda if you would like to be included in the invitations to join the meetings.
Bob Pustilnik is offering free email lessons. Email Bob if you would like to be included in the emails.
Linda’s and Bob’s lessons are available here on the page Bridge Center Lessons.
Starting Wednesday April 29 at 1:15 we will have bridge online (BBO) for all our players. (Open game) Thursday April 30 at 1:15 (0-1500 points only). You must be registered at BBO in order to play. THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY ALLOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED IN OUR GAMES TO PLAY.
- Go to www.bridgebase.com and register if you haven’t already. Must be done at least two days before our game. Pick your online name (moniker)
- You must purchase BBO dollars before you can register for the game. The cost of the games is $6.00
- TWO HOURS before game time on Wednesday, you can log on for the game.
- Log on to BBO and go to COMPETITIVE and ACBL VIRTUAL CLUBS.
- Search for the club by using the name Bridge Center. It will be listed as VACB110601.
- Both partners must be online at the same time in order to register for the game.
- REGISTER EARLY so we can see if anyone is having trouble. Call me if your have any problems. After you register, come back 10 minutes before game time.
- If you are BLOCKED, PLEASE CALL ME AT 804 241-3234. I will need to know your moniker and I can add you to the game.
- We will be playing 21 boards initially, 3 boards a round with 7 minutes a board. When the round is over you will automatically be moved into the next round even if you are not finished. The computer will determine your score for any unfinished boards. There will be a clock in the upper left hand corner. Please keep track of your time.
- Playing online is a little different as you must alert your own bids. There is an alert button with room for a description and then make your bid. Your partner cannot see your alert. Click on Alert and explain before you make your bid.
- When the game is over, the results will appear in your BBO history and on ACBL Live for Clubs. This will be our first games so please be patient as we THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST GAMES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE WORK OUR WAY THROUGH THEM.