Date: June 1-August 31
- Club qualifying games 50/50 red and black at 81.8% sectional rating
- One-session unit qualifying games sectional rated red
- Two-session unit qualifying games include percentage of gold for overalls.
- District finals award gold for section firsts and overalls. Flight C is 25% gold for overalls. Other masterpoints in all flights are red.
Flights: A (Open), B (-2500), C (0-500 Non-Life Masters)
District winners in each flight recognized on web site
Final: Spring 2016 NABC (March 10-20 in Reno, NV)
A highly prestigious “grass roots” event, the North American Pairs starts at the club level in June, July and August. Club-level qualifications may be earned at any club in any unit in any district. A player may qualify as often as desired and with as many different partners as desired. Unit-level qualifiers are optional and held after Sept. 1 and before the district final, which may be held after the unit final until the third week in January. At the district final, which is being held in Richmond this year on September 19-20 in conjunction with the NLM tournament, both players must have qualified at the club level and must be members of the parent district. A fixed amount prize will be awarded in all flights as follows:
- Districts are entitled to three pairs in Flight A (Open) and four pairs in Flights B (0-2500) and C (under 500 Non-Life Master).
- First place qualifiers will receive $700 per person; second place qualifiers will receive $300 per person; third and fourth place qualifiers will be invited to participate in the national level finals, but will not receive a prize.
- In the event of a tie at the district finals, the qualifiers will receive the total of the awards for the tied places, divided by the number of players involved with the tie.
- Invited defenders will receive $700 per person.
- No individual may collect two concurrent prizes.
The monetary award will be available on site. Qualifiers must play in the national level event until eliminated to receive the award.
There will be no entry fee for the national level of the event.